Sunday, December 20, 2009

Satire On Saturdays - Who Would've Thought?!

A Shocking Poem

I was shocked, confused, bewildered

As I entered Heaven's door,

Not by the beauty of it all,

Nor the lights or its decor.


But it was the folks in Heaven

Who made me sputter and gasp--

The thieves, the liars, the sinners,

The alcoholics and the trash.


There stood the kid from seventh grade

Who swiped my lunch money twice.

Next to him was my old neighbor

Who never said anything nice.


Herb, who I always thought

Was rotting away in hell,

Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,

Looking incredibly well.


I then asked Jesus, "What's the deal?

I would love to hear Your take....

How'd all these sinners get up here?

It must be a big mistake.


And why's everyone so quiet,

So sombre - please give me a clue..."

"Hush, child," He said. "They're all in shock.

No one thought they'd be seeing you!"


Judge not!  The Good News is there's hope for all
of us.  Jesus was sent to earth to redeem and save
EVERYONE.  Those who acknowledge they are
sinners and accept Him as their One, True Lord and
Savior, will be the beneficiary of His forgiveness and
saving grace.

Every saint has a PAST
Every sinner has a FUTURE!

And remember, just going to church doesn't make you
a Christian, any more than standing in your garage makes
you a car. 

God knows what's in our hearts and minds. 
He made us; He loves us; He has shown us the way.
It's never too late to do the right thing!

Amazed in His presence... humbled by His incredible love!


No comments: