Monday, December 14, 2009

Money On Mondays - Is Money Your Master?

Of course, we all need money to exist....to pay our bills, buy food, etc.  But it's rather ironic (or is it?) that on my daily calendar of Bible verses, the one for today reads....

Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf.
Proverbs 11:28

Hmmmm, I figured this was a good one for my Money On Monday posting.  Plus this one will be a lot shorter than my Sunday posting usually is!  But in light of the current economic situation in this courtry, with job losses, credit card interest rates rising, along with many other items we need; not to mention our 401K's having lost a lot of their value (but it's slowly inching up), I thought to myself 'how much do we really need?'  It would be great if we had just enough for the basics, really. 

For those who may have "lined their pockets" through ill-gotten means, such as being greedy or defrauding others, I hope they realize they can't take it with them to their grave.  And I wouldn't want to be them on Judgement Day either!  It may have just been a short-lived windfall for them too, that could very well have disappeared.  Was it worth it while they had it?  Not at the expense of losing their souls.  Nothing in this worldly life lasts forever.

No comments: